May 7, 2014

Take a Step Back

This weekend I had an "ah hah" moment.

RylieMarie rides her pony, Star in a lead line class. The class is meant to teach your child how to ride so they can ride by themselves in the future. Just like everything else in life, some kids ride sooner or later than others. They are so many factors that play into this; saddle time, horse, kid, physical and mental capabilities, the want to.... Well, the last several times that RylieMarie has ridden she has done really well on Star. I have been walking behind Star so RylieMarie learns to rein on her own and so Star doesn't follow me all the time. As well as RylieMarie has been doing, Star has been doing just as well; she listens to RylieMarie and her commands.



This past weekend was a different story. RylieMarie just sat there and didn't try to rein by herself. She truly just let Star go wherever she wanted. It was frustrating to me and I would just end up leading Star. I asked my mom to take RylieMarie through one event and it was the same result.

 
I had to sit back and realize that RylieMarie is doing really well for a three year old and as long as she is having fun then we are good to go. I guess we all have days when we want to just sit back and relax so RylieMarie is allowed to have one as well!
 
 
 
Isn't she a cutie?!?!
 
-Shannon


No comments:

Post a Comment